Tuesday, July 3, 2007

How to pack for five zombies and two canines over 4th of July week

Ah yes, well here's an update first off. My mom has heart problems and no insurance. My step dad just lost his job of 30 years. They need financial help. So we are moving in to help them, which also helps me since I will have about half the cost I do now as far as household expenses. My sister flipped out, moved up to my dad's, apparently she didn't like my rules, like not going out and getting drugs while you are pregnant. My dad then made her leave because she stole pills from my step mom. Now Child Services is saying she has to go into rehab or her kids will go into adoption. I pray she does go into rehab, she needs it and is obviously not stable.

OK up next...the move......

First, throw away everything that doesn't fit or have a use or strong emotional value. This includes clothes, the four boxes of broken toys we hang onto for some stupid reason (kids so not happy with me right now.) Extra dishes, blankets, ect...donate everything that doens't mean something or have a real use at the moment. Most thing can be bought later. Put all important papers in one box, like tax stuff and car titles, birth certificates, ect. Put all the puppy toys in one box. Box stuff by bedroom and use, for instance all video game consoles and games go in one box. LABEL THE BOXES. If you don't label the boxes, including those going into storage, you are going to have a heck of a time figuring out what to do. I learned this by trial and error. Use old newspapers to wrap dishes. Put tape on the box when it is full.

Oh, and the most important thing to remember: take it all one step at a time. You can't pack every room at once, this is confusing and adds stress. Make sure you leave out a few days worth of clothes and necessities in a suitcase because there is nothing like wearing the same clothes for two days when you are all sweaty and gross from moving furniture.

Also, and this is a dang good idea. Make sure you reserve a truck, buy boxes, and reserve a storage unti THE WEEK BEFORE. Otherwise, you might have to wait a few days for a good truck. Always get the insurance on the moving truck, its not that much and can save you a helluva lot of money incase some idiot rear ends you.

OK well, I'm off to pack and order people around. The latter, I love doing. The former, not so fun. I'll update my blog next week when we are all moved---Cowboy's Wife, I will do the eight things tag when I actually know eight people! LOL I don't know anyone, I'm such a dork.

Be blessed, be kind, and be prepared for the upcoming zombie attack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This paragraph will help the internet people for setting up new
web site or even a blog from start to end.
Here is my page :: Online Business System

Anonymous said...

certainly like your website but you have to check the spelling on quite a few
of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues
and I to find it very bothersome to inform the truth however I'll certainly come again again.
Here is my weblog : I thought about this