Friday, May 18, 2007

7 and 7 is the drink for the night

So tonight we are all drinking. The boys (aka...my man and his bffl) are drinking horse urine Coors Light. And a lot of it. I'm drinking Seagram's 7 and 7 up with a splash of Grenadine. Then I got over the need to have 7 up and now I'm just straight up drinking....that's the trap of drinking. The more you drink, the more you can drink.

We listened to Marylin Manson's new album. God I love some of his music. The rest of it just makes me want to shoot myself in the brain. Then there is the new Ozzie. Ozzie, man, I love you---but if you are going to make anymore slow songs you absolutely must have a female counterpart. Like Lita Ford. Man I miss her. Lita was a goddess. Kiss me once, kiss me twice, kiss me deadly...is there anything more lovingly profound than that statement?

My daughter has this girl over. An odd girl who shares the name with my step daughter, so that gets a bit confusing. There are too many Brittany's in the universe. Anyways, this girl is a darling child but very odd. She is 12 and her parents allow her to go on dates with boys by themselves. I don't know about everyone else but my daughter can't date until she is 30 and I have one foot in the grave. The friend also has more carnal knowledge than any child this age should have. Which causes me to wonder what kind of environment she lives in. My kids may be able to name the physical parts of a body, but they don't understand or relate the body to the act of sex. I do like this friend, she is a nice kid. She is funny. She also talks about kissing boys and recently whistled at my boyfriend. That was an odd moment. He walked into the bedroom and stayed there the whole night. He has not came out of the bedroom without his shirt on since then.

You know, we have to start protecting our children by teaching them the appropriate way to behave and that while being inappropriate has its advantages at certain times, it does not give one a leway to be utterly nasty. I would tell this friend that she is not allowed at my house, but I have this problem. I have a dependency issue. I take in strays and downtrodden and the utterly sad because I feed of thier need for me. I see a need in this girl for a strong role model mother. I am not perfect, but I like to view myself as a strong person. I also know--through acquaintences---that her mother has a habit of leaving her with her grandma and occasionally strangers to go on drug binges and hang out with guys she meets on the Internet. This causes a duality in my thinking. On one hand it wants me to keep this family as far away from mine as possible. On the other hand it makes me want to give this girl a hug and a cookie and a tall glass of milk and just be there for her, because nobody was there for me. I also see a lot of similarities in her world and the world I grew up in, which makes me worry for her future. I know I don't have a lot, and God knows every day is a struggle for me to take care of my own, but if I can't help this girl too what kind of person am I? When do I decide that I should no longer help a person, short of physical or verbal violence? I can't. I would never tell this girl she is not welcome because her family has her head all screwed up. I hope my kids see this and when they grow up they will know that no matter how bad and fucked up your life is---there is always someone with a worse life who needs help. We should give help when we can, and pray when we can't.

I see all this sadness in the world, and I wish I could make everything better. I can't. I know that. But mabye I can start with my own kids and this one friend and go from there.

Be Blessed and Be Kind.

I'm going to drink more and then throw up on my man. : P

2 comments:

Michelle said...

"I wish I could make everything better. I can't. I know that. But mabye I can start with my own kids and this one friend and go from there."

I was thinking the same thing last night. Funny! :-)

Oh, not the kids, just the start with one person and go from there thing. I don't have kids. We've tried. No luck. I'm 43 now so doctors are starting to give me the sad-serious face when I mention babies.

I read "mom" blogs and think OMG I wouldn't cope! It's not a job, it's a life-long vocation.

Raising a glass to all moms! (I'll take a whisky and lemonade)

paisley said...

i am glad i found your blog... i enjoy your light hearted look at things... it makes me feel like you can do this... so maybe we will all just hang out and talk it all out...
and when we are done... the world might be a better place after all.....