Friday, May 25, 2007

Kissed Ogre and Wept Willow --Poem

Kissed Ogre and Wept Willow


Willow, breathes cold across pale crypts

--Be, witches consume and become

--The moment; Scars the bruised cheek.


Ice and blue, blacker the eclipse

--Dragons wedding gifts for the bride

--Lithe and silent; Shield reticent


Epitome, grace from evil slips

--Slow skulls crushed by booted heels

--Raise and hold; Blades cast high and bold


Sword thrust, ghostly the ghoul's gore drips

--Nightingale has her soothsayer, too

--Trampled pace; Curse comes dawn's embrace


Breath comes, steel marble skin to strips

--Kissed Ogre and wept Willow

--Swept bare floors; Opened empty doors


Hearts tempted, loves not the wood thrips

--Nymph lust shared with consequence

--Beats the heart; A slow rhyming tart


Tongue fell, between sheeted lips

--The Ogre cries for his child bride

--Willow went far; Came morning star.

6 comments:

SgtMajor said...

still simple and original, how about variating the fonts...it will provide more athmosphere i think

Dustinzgirl said...

Yeah, I probably could. But i'm lazy and I get confused with fonts. So I just stick to one, LOL.

Thanks D for reading!

Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife said...

Well, I like your stuff but this one was kinda "morbid" to me. I think it's neat though that you can come up with that kind of stuff. You have to be very creative!
A Cowboy's Wife

Michelle said...

This one depressed me a bit.

Hey, how are you? :-) Hope life is good this week.

Dustinzgirl said...

Hey girls! I'm good just haven't had much time this week.

Yes, it is slightly morbid.

Yes, it is depressing.

It's not really a fantasy poem, its more about spousal abuse so if you caught those ideas then I did my job!

: P

Michelle said...

Ok, I didn't get it. Duh!went back and read it again. Subtle.. too subtle for me.

Good idea though - working reality into the seeming fantasy.