Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Yo, sup? :P

Currently, I just published my first fantasy fiction through lulu.com. It is one of those books that some people loved (probalby because they are as insane as I am) and others despised (probably because they are way smarter than I am). I don't mind all that much. I didn't write it for props. I write because I have all these voices and images in my head that don't go away unless I actually write about them. I know, thats just crazy, huh. My thereapist says I'm normal, but at 150$ an hour I think she just tells me whatever I want to hear (thank goodness for state insurance, which I have for this month at least).

That being said, you can find my book excerpt on my highly unprofessional blog http://zombies.blogspot.com/

At the beginning of August my friend Kim Griffin and I will be publishing Crossing A River Darkly. This is dark and fantastical poetry that revolves around the secret pains and unrequited adulterous loves (lusts) people have. It is not an adult format, but is PG-13 for the themes being not what I would consider younger than 13-14 reading. Between August and Christmas we will be working on several children's poetry books revolving around the lovely innocence and beauty and gracious gifts that children are. This will be called The Knight, The Hunter, and The Princess (because my oldest boy is infatuated with knights, my youngest boy loves to hunt, and my middle daughter tells them all what to do.). After that and just in time for Valentines Day I will have my book of adult oriented poems called I, Like Those Girls. It's going to be an all adult poetry book.

Some people have asked why so many different themes? Well, the answer is very simple. I am a very passionate person. I throw myself into the lives of those around me without care for myself. I have had a very hard life and a lot of that comes through in my first book and Crossing a River Darkly. Secondly, I am a mother, and my kids are a blessing straight from the voice of God and therefore deserve thier own poems. Lastly, I am absolutely obsessed with my boyfriend of five years and all sorts of adult activities that go along with that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl! Your blog is great. I love how the pics look here. It's like I'm in your brain!

Keep up the great work, it might be rambling but it's interesting at least. ;)

Oh,look! My butt!

Dustinzgirl said...

I know Kim! You have a super hot butt! I could just cover it with cream cheese and....well, thats a blog for another day! (shh... don't tell my husband or yours, they might get jealous!)

: P