Wednesday, May 23, 2007

And with that help came hope....

As many of my readers know, I am a hopeful person plagued by bad luck and the occasional depression. This last month had been particularily hard on my family and I. There have been those times where I just wanted to give up. Let it all go. Throw my hands up in the air and say SCREW IT. Of course, you already know that if you read my other posts.

Point being, I did not give up. I just don’t have it in me to give up. I’m a stubborn Irish girl. I was raised to be stubborn, I will always be stubborn. That’s just me.

And thank goodness I have that stubborn streak, because without it I would have failed long ago. Thank God for my on-line friends and my IRL family who have held me up when I would have given up. You are all a blessing.

Today, amidst all this chaos and depression and generally awful things going on in my life, I received another blessing. It was in the form of monetary help. This came as a surprise to me, though I had prayed for the help and should not really have been surprised because of our level of need. God provides, and sometimes He does so through an encouraging word from a friend (LMA and Michelle!). Other times He does so through a defining moment in your life. And other times He provides through His vessels on earth.

I know not all my readers are Christian, and I love you all the more for it because that is what Jesus says I should do. Regardless of your religious affinity or lack of, it can not be denied that I needed help and hope and it was given to me. I just had to be patient in my soul and in my faith.

What is the point of all this? Well the point is that I have never kept the dark parts of my soul a secret. I have never been anything other than what I am. I have never tried to fit into any predefined definition of what a Christian should be, I have only sought to hear the voice of God as the words of His son, Jesus. In doing so, I have learned that we must be patient. Help and hope will come, but only if you submit to the faith that there is a greater life than this, a greater purpose and a greater need. I do not attend church. I hate large groups of people, they make me nervous. I am socially inept. I get terrible anxiety in large groups of people (especially grocery shopping, I hate that.) Even though I have never attended the church, they came to help me. They did not have to do this. There was no reason for them to help me, as I am not an attending member of the congregation. Yet they came anyways.

And with that help came hope for a better future amid all the bleakness I often feel invading my spirit.

And you can’t put a price tag on hope.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

DG... I are now officially blog stalking you. :D

Dustinzgirl said...

I love you too Jesse...you can stalk me any day of the week!

Michelle said...

:_) Ah that is so great! And perfect timing because I was writing about miracles on my blog this morning. I forgot to add that I see God's hand in every miracle, because I take it for granted that using the word "miracle" implies God anyway.

I suppose I leave out the God word a lot because I have a few atheist friends who aren't happy when I babble on about things like that. so I've ended up censoring myself to be PC? Oh heck! Not good! :-(

Thanks for the nudge today, Dustinzgirl. :-) I think God just used you to remind me that I'm not always open enough about myself and my beliefs. and that was why I started a blog in the first place - to finally be more open about my spiritualty. SHEEEESH, I am dense. LOL

Sending you a hug, because I feel all warm-and-fuzzy this morning! :-D

Dustinzgirl said...

My boyfriend is athiest. I don't care. We get into tons of theological arguments. Some of my best friends are Satanists, also. Everyone has the right to choose and voice thier opinion on religion, IMO.

You have the right to voice your faith as much as your athiest friends have the right to voice thier lack of faith.

Plus, being PC is soooooooo 1999!

Oh, and I can't figure out how to add you to my technorati thing. I'm dumb like that.

Michelle said...

Hi DG

Oh you are so right! My husband's not exactly atheist, but he hates all religions. We have some great debate/arguments on the topic too.

I love the "PC is so 1999" LOL I must write that out and stick it to my monitor. :-D

I'm still struggling myself with a lot of the blog commands. It's taken me a month to figure out how to edit out typos after i've posted a blog entry. I have gone to other friends who are old-time bloggers for help a lot.

Anonymous said...

Well..I am not sure how I want to respond to this except...OMG!! I know who you are and I can't believe that you are pulling the wool over everyones eyes!! Is this what you have come to?? Asking for money?? God gave us hands to get for ourselves. You need to go out and use those hands to get a job. Everyone else is out there why can't you? Why should we provide for you when you don't provide for yourself? This so such a sad world!