Friday, May 25, 2007

A Seperate Kind of Paradise -- Poem

A Seperate Kind of Paradise

Trapped somehow, deeper than you could imagine,

inside of myself I wait, when there is everything

except the now expected of me.

I could be that one thing separating

The earth from the sky

Or the last person to stand alone on the edge

Before the world falls into itself

And devours what has not been stolen

But I would rather be with you

In our own paradise, separate, perfect, pure.

Where less of the world comes banging on the door

And more of us is all that is left.

Here I am trapped within you, and am more than

That which I once was alone.

Does the sun sing when she kisses the moon?

I sing when your hand

Brushes slightly against mine

Even now, after so long, I still breathe you,

And feel you

Because you are more inside of me, everyday.

2 comments:

paisley said...

i really like this ... it touches something inside me.....

Dustinzgirl said...

Thank you darling!